January 13, 2012 · 3:08 am
We are going through an incredible amount of produce right now (makes me happy!), so I need to head-off to the store at some point today to buy more bananas. On Monday or Tuesday (can’t remember) I bought 3 huge bunches of bananas and we only have 2 individual bananas left!
It is hard to believe that we are already on day 4 of the cleanse. I am noticing that my skin looks smoother and more moisturized. I am also taking on more of the natural “tan” look that comes with eating this way (Thank you carrots and peppers!). I always know that I am getting in enough beta carotene when someone asks me if I just got back from vacation.
If you are following along on the cleanse how have you been feeling??? I’d love to hear from you.
- 6:30 am – Tall glass of water
- 7:30 am – Fruit salad just like I had yesterday morning (banana, pear, apple, pomegranate seeds, cinnamon)
- 8:00 am – Per my husband’s request I just cooked up an even bigger batch of Shirataki Noodle Stir-Fry…that stuff is seriously good! Didn’t eat any yet since I wasn’t hungry.
- 9:00 am – Another banana
- 10:45 am – Elliptical for 50 minutes
- 12:00 pm – HUGE salad (pictured above) with romaine, iceberg, seaweed salad, roasted cauliflower, roasted broccoli, grape tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, and lite rice wine vinegar. The salad was huge as I mentioned, so I was full after eating a little over half of it.
- 1:45 pm – Finished the rest of the salad and snacked on a little watermelon.
- 3:00 pm – Made a smoothie of frozen strawberries, fresh pineapple, fresh bananas, apple, and some water for my husband, son, daughter and her friend…took a few sips equaling probably about 1/2 cup.
- 3:20 pm – Snacked on some more watermelon.
- 4:15 pm – 5:15 pm – Sipped on 24 ounces cold water with a scoop of NanoGreens
- 6:00 pm – Dinner was a small baked potato (hubby was begging for one) topped with fresh bruschetta, roasted cauliflower on the side, and a small bowl of Shirataki Noodle Stir-Fry
- 7:00 pm – Chocolate banana pudding made in the Vitamix. Made with a sweet potato, fresh banana, 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, and 3 frozen bananas. I AM SO FULL RIGHT NOW!!! I am quite sure this will be it for me for the night…can’t imagine eating any more!
Today I struggled a bit with cravings from 3pm until dinner. When you do a cleanse like this you don’t experience the same kind of FULL that you experience when you eat a plant-based diet that is supplemented with grains, beans, and nuts. But knowing that makes getting through it easier.
Enjoy the rest of your evening!
To read Jeff’s food log for Day 4 click HERE.
Filed under Cleansing, Cleansing, Detox, Education, Food Journal, General Vegan, Vegan, Vegetarian, Weight Issues
Tagged as best vegan cleanse, fruit vegetable cleanse, Miracle Noodles, NanoGreens, Shirataki fettuccini noodles, Shirataki Noodles, the Plant Eater, vegan, vegan chocolate banana pudding, vegan food cleanse food log, vegetarian
January 12, 2012 · 3:42 am
Last night after posting my food log I hit my first wall. It was a mini wall, but a wall nonetheless. About an hour after eating my bowl of berries I started craving THESE crunchy lightly salted crackers…I love those things. But, after repeating the mantra, “This too shall pass” a few times in my head, it did pass and I didn’t give into the craving.
So, let’s get to my food log for day 3.
- 7:oo am – Large glass of water
- 8:30 am – Bowl of sliced Fuji apple, sliced pear, a sliced banana, and pomegranate seeds. I then dusted the bowl of fruit with Saigon cinnamon (pictured above).
- 9:30 am – 10:30am – Pilates reformer class
- 10:30 am – a quart bag filled to the brim with baby carrots, sliced red and orange bell peppers, and celery
- 12:45 pm – Big Disneyland-sized spear of pineapple
- 1:00 pm – A serving of the stir-fry I made yesterday (click HERE for details)
- 2:15 pm – Already hungry again, so making a chocolate mint smoothie (water, 1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 of a zucchini, handful of spinach, handful of fresh mint, cocoa powder, vanilla creme stevia, small frozen banana, ice…about half the size of the smoothie I made yesterday).
- 4:45 pm – Snacked on some nori and had 24 ounces of cold water with one scoop of NanoGreens.
- 6:15 pm – A bowl of veggie soup (click HERE for details) and two small ears of roasted corn sprinkled with Chile con Limon.
- 8:30 pm – Planning on having a bowl of raspberries, blueberries, and sliced banana. If I get hungry afterward I plan on having some herbal tea.
I am off to get my kiddos ready for bed. I am feeling really good and have not been experiencing any big cravings today.
Filed under Cleansing, Cleansing, Detox, Education, Food Journal, Vegan, Vegetarian, Weight Issues
Tagged as best vegan cleanse, Chile Con Limon, fruit vegetable cleanse, Miracle Noodles, NanoGreens, Shirataki fettuccini noodles, Shirataki Noodles, vegan, vegan food cleanse food log, vegetarian
January 11, 2012 · 3:35 am
Below you will find my food log for Day 2 of the cleanse…
- 7:30 am – Woke-up and read a little in bed (Reading a book to review for you). Tuesdays my hubby wakes-up with the kids, so this is my time to sleep-in a bit more and do a little work.
- 8:30 am – Ate a big bowl of watermelon
- 9:00 am – Made a stir fry* to keep in the fridge so my husband would have something to quickly grab for lunch
* Used a bag of frozen asian vegetables, half a bag of frozen sliced shitake mushrooms, 1/2 an inion thinly sliced, 3 bags of Shirataki fettuccini noodles, some tamari, and some Sriracha sauce. I am guestimating that this will probably be enough for 3 single meals.
- 9:45 am – grabbed a handful of grapes and then headed-off to do 40 minutes of cardio on the recumbent bike.
- 11:25 – grabbed a banana to eat on the way to my hair appt. and also brought along a quart bag FULL of veggies (red and orange peppers, celery, baby carrots, tomatoes).
- 11:45 am – ate half the bag of veggies
- 12:30 pm – ate the other half
- 1:00 pm – STARVING, but still at my appointment.
- After my appointment I ran to the store to buy more bananas (going through them like crazy in this house) and some fresh basil…can’t wait to eat.
- 2:00 pm – Bliss! Eating a Chocolate Banana Freeze (too thick to be called a smoothie, more like soft-serve ice cream). I made it with about 2/3 cup water, one of the sweet potatoes I prepared yesterday (without the skin…I ate that while making the smoothie), a zucchini, huge handful of spinach, some cocoa powder, a little vanilla creme stevia, 2 small frozen bananas, and a BIG handful of ice. It made about 24 ounces.
- 3:45 – 5:00 pm – Sipped on 24 ounces cold water mixed with one scoop of NanoGreens.
- 6:30 pm – Bowl of seaweed salad with butter lettuce and lite rice wine vinegar, as well as bowl of the Shirataki noodle stir-fry I made in the morning.
- 8:00 pm – I plan on having a bowl of berries with cinnamon after I put the kids to bed.
Still feeling great! I didn;t do a very good job of planning when I went to get my hair done and should have brought more food with me, but that Chocolate Banana Freeze did a great job of filling me up when I got home.
Have a great evening!
Click HERE to read Jeff’s food log for day 2