We are going through an incredible amount of produce right now (makes me happy!), so I need to head-off to the store at some point today to buy more bananas. On Monday or Tuesday (can’t remember) I bought 3 huge bunches of bananas and we only have 2 individual bananas left!
It is hard to believe that we are already on day 4 of the cleanse. I am noticing that my skin looks smoother and more moisturized. I am also taking on more of the natural “tan” look that comes with eating this way (Thank you carrots and peppers!). I always know that I am getting in enough beta carotene when someone asks me if I just got back from vacation.
If you are following along on the cleanse how have you been feeling??? I’d love to hear from you.
- 6:30 am – Tall glass of water
- 7:30 am – Fruit salad just like I had yesterday morning (banana, pear, apple, pomegranate seeds, cinnamon)
- 8:00 am – Per my husband’s request I just cooked up an even bigger batch of Shirataki Noodle Stir-Fry…that stuff is seriously good! Didn’t eat any yet since I wasn’t hungry.
- 9:00 am – Another banana
- 10:45 am – Elliptical for 50 minutes
- 12:00 pm – HUGE salad (pictured above) with romaine, iceberg, seaweed salad, roasted cauliflower, roasted broccoli, grape tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, and lite rice wine vinegar. The salad was huge as I mentioned, so I was full after eating a little over half of it.
- 1:45 pm – Finished the rest of the salad and snacked on a little watermelon.
- 3:00 pm – Made a smoothie of frozen strawberries, fresh pineapple, fresh bananas, apple, and some water for my husband, son, daughter and her friend…took a few sips equaling probably about 1/2 cup.
- 3:20 pm – Snacked on some more watermelon.
- 4:15 pm – 5:15 pm – Sipped on 24 ounces cold water with a scoop of NanoGreens
- 6:00 pm – Dinner was a small baked potato (hubby was begging for one) topped with fresh bruschetta, roasted cauliflower on the side, and a small bowl of Shirataki Noodle Stir-Fry
- 7:00 pm – Chocolate banana pudding made in the Vitamix. Made with a sweet potato, fresh banana, 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, and 3 frozen bananas. I AM SO FULL RIGHT NOW!!! I am quite sure this will be it for me for the night…can’t imagine eating any more!
Today I struggled a bit with cravings from 3pm until dinner. When you do a cleanse like this you don’t experience the same kind of FULL that you experience when you eat a plant-based diet that is supplemented with grains, beans, and nuts. But knowing that makes getting through it easier.
Enjoy the rest of your evening!
To read Jeff’s food log for Day 4 click HERE.
8 responses to “CLEANSE FOOD LOG – Day 4”
Now that is my kind of salad! All of your menus have sounded so delicious though… Very inspiring, and it makes me want to be more vigilant about my daily eats, too. I would totally eat any of this, so I don’t know why I do eat so much junk in the first place.
I am so psyched to do this next week. Your blog had gotten me ready this week! I can’t wait to get ready this weekend!
I can’t wait to hear how it goes for you next week. Pls make sure you keep me informed!
I am interested in sweet potato in your smoothies. Questions
– is the potato cooked?
– does it act as a thickener?
– does it add sweetness?
I will have to try to see what it tastes like!
Hi! The sweet potato is cooked and it does act like a thickener. I find that it males the smoothie the consistency of a milkshake and yes, it does add sweetness too!
Enjoying the food log blog! You’re doing good! At some point I’ll follow suit…winter is not good timing for me though.
Pingback: CLEANSE FOOD LOG – Day 5 | VEGGIE GRETTIE
Pingback: NEW YEAR – TIME FOR A CLEANSE | VEGGIE GRETTIE