My biggest challenge today was not going out to dinner. Usually by Friday I am toast and despite the fact that I love to cook, I don’t feel like cooking. I wanted to go to one of my favorite Peruvian restaurants (They make an awesome veggie plate) and my husband felt like it would be too tempting for him. I am more than happy to support him in this since I am so proud of how well he is doing. He had a business restaurant at a steakhouse today and ended-up eating tomato soup and an artichoke (Yay! He made such great choices.).
- 7:15 am – Small bowl of watermelon and pineapple
- 8:30 am – Had the usual bowl of cut-up Fuji apple, pear, banana, pomegranate, and cinnamon, BUT also added a very ripe persimmon into the mix and it was fantastic.
- 9:30 -10:30 am – Pilates reformer class. The instructor kicked our butts! I can’t tell if that class was super duper extra hard or if I was a little lower on energy.
- 11:00 am – Checked-out the new farmer’s market in town and sampled some strawberries. I was really excited to see so many people there. The parking lot was a battleground (Reminded me of the mall during the holidays!).
- 12:00 pm – Finished the chocolate banana pudding I made last night. I was surprised to see how well it held-up in the fridge overnight.
- 12:30 pm – Salad made with slivered cucumber, slivered red bell pepper, organic pea shoots, seaweed salad, and lite rice wine vinegar. I also had a few pickles on the side (Odd combo…but tasted good at the time).
- 2:00 pm – Handful of grapes from the farmer’s market.
- 3:15 pm – Another handful of grapes.
- 3:45 pm – Some roasted nori and Brothers-All-Natural freeze dried Asian Pears
- 5:30 pm – Just came home and I am STARVING. Eating grapes while baking some potatoes.
- 6:20 pm – 1 1/2 baked potatoes (on the smaller side), bruschetta, roasted cauliflower, and a bowl of veggie soup.
- 9:00 pm – I plan on having a bowl of pomegranate seeds
Have a great weekend! TGIF.
To read Jeff’s food log for day 5 click HERE.
We are going through an incredible amount of produce right now (makes me happy!), so I need to head-off to the store at some point today to buy more bananas. On Monday or Tuesday (can’t remember) I bought 3 huge bunches of bananas and we only have 2 individual bananas left!
It is hard to believe that we are already on day 4 of the cleanse. I am noticing that my skin looks smoother and more moisturized. I am also taking on more of the natural “tan” look that comes with eating this way (Thank you carrots and peppers!). I always know that I am getting in enough beta carotene when someone asks me if I just got back from vacation.
If you are following along on the cleanse how have you been feeling??? I’d love to hear from you.
- 6:30 am – Tall glass of water
- 7:30 am – Fruit salad just like I had yesterday morning (banana, pear, apple, pomegranate seeds, cinnamon)
- 8:00 am – Per my husband’s request I just cooked up an even bigger batch of Shirataki Noodle Stir-Fry…that stuff is seriously good! Didn’t eat any yet since I wasn’t hungry.
- 9:00 am – Another banana
- 10:45 am – Elliptical for 50 minutes
- 12:00 pm – HUGE salad (pictured above) with romaine, iceberg, seaweed salad, roasted cauliflower, roasted broccoli, grape tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, and lite rice wine vinegar. The salad was huge as I mentioned, so I was full after eating a little over half of it.
- 1:45 pm – Finished the rest of the salad and snacked on a little watermelon.
- 3:00 pm – Made a smoothie of frozen strawberries, fresh pineapple, fresh bananas, apple, and some water for my husband, son, daughter and her friend…took a few sips equaling probably about 1/2 cup.
- 3:20 pm – Snacked on some more watermelon.
- 4:15 pm – 5:15 pm – Sipped on 24 ounces cold water with a scoop of NanoGreens
- 6:00 pm – Dinner was a small baked potato (hubby was begging for one) topped with fresh bruschetta, roasted cauliflower on the side, and a small bowl of Shirataki Noodle Stir-Fry
- 7:00 pm – Chocolate banana pudding made in the Vitamix. Made with a sweet potato, fresh banana, 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, and 3 frozen bananas. I AM SO FULL RIGHT NOW!!! I am quite sure this will be it for me for the night…can’t imagine eating any more!
Today I struggled a bit with cravings from 3pm until dinner. When you do a cleanse like this you don’t experience the same kind of FULL that you experience when you eat a plant-based diet that is supplemented with grains, beans, and nuts. But knowing that makes getting through it easier.
Enjoy the rest of your evening!
To read Jeff’s food log for Day 4 click HERE.