My biggest challenge today was not going out to dinner. Usually by Friday I am toast and despite the fact that I love to cook, I don’t feel like cooking. I wanted to go to one of my favorite Peruvian restaurants (They make an awesome veggie plate) and my husband felt like it would be too tempting for him. I am more than happy to support him in this since I am so proud of how well he is doing. He had a business restaurant at a steakhouse today and ended-up eating tomato soup and an artichoke (Yay! He made such great choices.).
- 7:15 am – Small bowl of watermelon and pineapple
- 8:30 am – Had the usual bowl of cut-up Fuji apple, pear, banana, pomegranate, and cinnamon, BUT also added a very ripe persimmon into the mix and it was fantastic.
- 9:30 -10:30 am – Pilates reformer class. The instructor kicked our butts! I can’t tell if that class was super duper extra hard or if I was a little lower on energy.
- 11:00 am – Checked-out the new farmer’s market in town and sampled some strawberries. I was really excited to see so many people there. The parking lot was a battleground (Reminded me of the mall during the holidays!).
- 12:00 pm – Finished the chocolate banana pudding I made last night. I was surprised to see how well it held-up in the fridge overnight.
- 12:30 pm – Salad made with slivered cucumber, slivered red bell pepper, organic pea shoots, seaweed salad, and lite rice wine vinegar. I also had a few pickles on the side (Odd combo…but tasted good at the time).
- 2:00 pm – Handful of grapes from the farmer’s market.
- 3:15 pm – Another handful of grapes.
- 3:45 pm – Some roasted nori and Brothers-All-Natural freeze dried Asian Pears
- 5:30 pm – Just came home and I am STARVING. Eating grapes while baking some potatoes.
- 6:20 pm – 1 1/2 baked potatoes (on the smaller side), bruschetta, roasted cauliflower, and a bowl of veggie soup.
- 9:00 pm – I plan on having a bowl of pomegranate seeds
Have a great weekend! TGIF.
To read Jeff’s food log for day 5 click HERE.
2 responses to “CLEANSE FOOD LOG – Day 5”
The seaweed-veg salad looks so delicious! The produce looks great too…Great super-hero food! Keep it up G!!
Pingback: NEW YEAR – TIME FOR A CLEANSE | VEGGIE GRETTIE