There really isn’t much to report food-wise this weekend other than the gorging I did at lunch yesterday which led to feeling crazy full for the next 5 1/2 hours. I know that the rest of my food log today will pretty much be a repeat of what the rest of the week has looked like, so I am going to take the rest of the day off of blogging and spend it with my kiddos.
I plan on stopping the full-force cleanse after tonight. I am really glad that I did the cleanse this past week. I feel clear and clean and have no regrets. Eating so much produce really does have its benefits. After the cleanse I will continue eating mostly fruits and veggies for breakfast and lunch and for dinner I will add in some beans and grains.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
- 8:15 am – Big bowl of veggie soup.
- 10:45 am – Chocolate smoothie (sweet potato, zucchini, 2 frozen bananas, cocoa powder, some stevia). I drank about half and put the rest in the fridge for later.
- 1:00 pm – Finished the other half of the smoothy.
- 1:15-2:15 pm – Did an hour of hard cardio on the recumbent bike.
- 2:30 pm – Had some Shirataki Noodle stir fry embellished with roasted cauliflower, green beans, and baby carrots. This ended-up being a really big meal. I am stuffed (ate too much…yuck!).
- 8:00 pm – Bowl of veggie soup, some toasted nori, and apple slices. I was so full after lunch that I couldn’t even think about eating until now.
- 11:30 am – Bowl of kiwi, banana, pomegranate, apple, and pear.
- Lunch will probably be a big salad
- Dinner will be Chinese hot pot at my in-laws. I will be eating chrysanthemum leaves, a variety of mushrooms, pea shoots, bamboo hearts, and taro root.
- After dinner I am sure I will nosh on some fruit.
Click HERE to read Jeff’s day 7 food log.
12 responses to “CLEANSE FOOD LOG – Days 6 and 7”
I think the sweet potato in the smooth is the champ! Can’t wait to try. Well done! I will refer to this cleanse in the spring when it’s my turn 🙂
Let me know how it goes when you do it in the spring.
Congrats on sticking to it, that certainly is something to be proud of!
Thanks for the birthday wishes, by the way. 🙂
I just found your blog (through BitterSweet). Can’t wait to hear more about your cleanse. I really should be doing one, post-Christmas treats!
I hear ya! We all tend to indulge too much during the holidays. My cleanse ended Sunday and I am so glad I did it. All my posts about the cleanse are now up on Veggie Grettie.
THanks! This was great to read! I am on day 3 of only Fruits and Veggies and doing great! No major cravings yet! I have lost 5 lbs in 2 days and hope for many more. I hope to eat much better after this!
Yay Jenny! Thank you so much for letting me know how the cleanse is going. Please check back in at the end and let me know how the rest of the week goes for you…sounds like you are having fantastic results already!
This isn’t as hard as I thought it would be. I am starting day 5 and down 6 lbs. I haven’t had any cravings, which is unusual. I have energy and feel great. I do make sure that I have some fruit or veggie every few hours so that I don’t let myself get to the starving point.
Pingback: NEW YEAR – TIME FOR A CLEANSE | VEGGIE GRETTIE
Hey there, is it raw sweet potato you use in your smoothies or cooked?
Great question…I use cooked. Have a wonderful weekend!
Thank you so much for posting this. I read Jeff’s blog and found yours thru him. I’m going on a six day cleanse for health reasons. I loved the meal ideas you had, definitely going to use a few. Best!