I posted a picture of this extremely macro-friendly protein bread the other day on my Instagram account and there was a lot of interest in the recipe.
I based the recipe very closely on iheartmacro’s recipe for protein bread, however I am personally not a fan of cooking with protein powder and I am back off dairy, so I could not use Greek yogurt.
I am also a big fan of Crazy Richard’s Pure PB powder and added that to the recipe because PB makes EVERYTHING better!
This bread is awesome for those who struggle to get in all of their protein for the day and is VERY filling thanks to the coconut flour.
- 1 1/2 cup liquid egg whites (I prefer organic)
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 2 farm fresh eggs
- OPTIONAL – stevia to taste
- Use if you want sweet bread
- Omit if you want more neutral tasting bread
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Pure PB powder (replace with almond flour to make it Paleo)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a bowl until fully incorporated
- In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until very smooth
- Pour the batter into a greased cake pan
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean in the center of the cake
- Cool and slice into 8 slices
- Store in the fridge (I place the bread in a tupperware along with a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture).
MACROS PER SLICE – 5C/9.5P/2.9F
*Use code “FITQUESTMOM for 10% off Crazy Richards Products. Shop HERE.
I teamed-up with Nuts.com in an attempt to make Halloween less scary for your waistline. Nuts.com has been working hard on their Healthy Snack Page and I am happy to help spread the word.
Of course when you think of Nuts.com you think of nuts. One of the world’s best flavor combos in my opinion is PB and C. Who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate (other than my very own daughter…what???).
I set off on a quest to make a healthier peanut butter cup / peanut butter fudge and the results taste amazing if I do say so myself. My son offered to eat all of them (such a kind boy). What’s even more awesome is how quickly these come together.
It’s up to you whether or not you add chocolate. These cups / fudge taste great either way.
INGREDIENTS – Makes 10
40g dark chocolate
2Tbs (28g) raw cacao butter
1/4c (64g) peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
1/4c (24g) peanut butter powder
1/2 dropperful Liquid Sweetleaf Stevia (English Toffee flavor is my favorite)
If using the chocolate, place 4 grams of chocolate into each of the 10 candy molds (I used THIS one). Microwave in 15 second increments to melt (you have to be REALLY careful not to burn the chocolate in the microwave). Once sufficiently melted, spread the chocolate and place the mold into the freezer.
In a double boiler melt the cacao butter, chocolate, and peanut butter powder stirring constantly with a whisk.
Once melted, remove the molds from the freezer and divide the peanut butter mixture evenly between the 10 candy molds.
Place the candies in the fridge to set-up. Store uneaten candies (if there are any) in the fridge or freezer.
Per Candy (Chocolate & PB) – 82 cal / 2.7C / 3P / 6.8F
Per Candy (Just PB Mixture) – 75 cal / 1.8C / 2.8P / 6.3F
Filed under Candy / Fudge, Dessert, Gluten Free, Holiday, Kid Friendly, Nuts, Quick, Recipe Redux, Recipes, Vegan, Vegetarian