May 10, 2016 · 2:23 pm
I posted a picture of this extremely macro-friendly protein bread the other day on my Instagram account and there was a lot of interest in the recipe.
I based the recipe very closely on iheartmacro’s recipe for protein bread, however I am personally not a fan of cooking with protein powder and I am back off dairy, so I could not use Greek yogurt.
I am also a big fan of Crazy Richard’s Pure PB powder and added that to the recipe because PB makes EVERYTHING better!
This bread is awesome for those who struggle to get in all of their protein for the day and is VERY filling thanks to the coconut flour.
- 1 1/2 cup liquid egg whites (I prefer organic)
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 2 farm fresh eggs
- OPTIONAL – stevia to taste
- Use if you want sweet bread
- Omit if you want more neutral tasting bread
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Pure PB powder (replace with almond flour to make it Paleo)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a bowl until fully incorporated
- In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until very smooth
- Pour the batter into a greased cake pan
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean in the center of the cake
- Cool and slice into 8 slices
- Store in the fridge (I place the bread in a tupperware along with a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture).
MACROS PER SLICE – 5C/9.5P/2.9F
*Use code “FITQUESTMOM for 10% off Crazy Richards Products. Shop HERE.
Filed under Breads / Crackers / Muffins, Breakfast, Cake, Dessert, Gluten Free, Paleo, Recipes
Tagged as coconut flour, coconut flour bread recipe, crazy richards, crazy richards discount code, crazy richards peanut butter powder, healthy bread recipe, iheartmacros, IIFYM, macro friendly bread recipe, protein bread, protein bread recipe
January 12, 2016 · 8:45 pm
One of my nutrition clients
was just mentioning how much she loves the cauliflower oats I posted about on my Instagram page
and thought I would share it with all of you. I know it sounds weird, but you really don’t taste the cauliflower at all and it majorly ups the volume! I also like to mix riced cauliflower (HERE’s
how to make it…you can also buy it at Trader Joe’s
) in with rice because again, it ups the volume you get to eat and you primarily taste the rice.
You can use different amounts based upon the macros you have available to you, but here is an example of how I like it:
1 1/2c water
2/3c riced cauliflower (I put it in raw)
1/3-1/2c egg whites (optional, but a great way to get more protein in)
Nut butter (Crazy Richards is my favorite*
, fruit, shredded coconut, raisins, dried fruit, OR go the savory route and top with veggies and protein, hot sauce, etc.
Cook the oats, water, and cauliflower on the stove over medium/high heat until it comes to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cook until your desired level of thickness.
Whisk in the egg whites and cook for another minute. Turn off the heat, put the lid on, and let it sit on the stove until you are ready to eat it.
Oftentimes I will make the oats at lunchtime and then will leave them on the stove with the lid on and not eat them until after dinner.
If you know you won’t be eating them for a long time, obviously store the cauli-oats in the fridge.
* Get 10% off your Crazy Richard’s order with code: FITQUESTMOM
Filed under Breakfast, Dessert, Gluten Free, Grains, IIFYM and Macros, Nutrition, Quick, Recipe Redux, Recipes, Vegan, Vegetarian
Tagged as cauliflower, cauliflower oatmeal, cauliflower oats, cauliflower oats recipe, crazy richards, crazy richards discount code, Crazy Richards Peanut Butter, how to make cauliflower oats, IIFYM, macros, oatmeal, volume foods