I posted a picture of this extremely macro-friendly protein bread the other day on my Instagram account and there was a lot of interest in the recipe.
I based the recipe very closely on iheartmacro’s recipe for protein bread, however I am personally not a fan of cooking with protein powder and I am back off dairy, so I could not use Greek yogurt.
This bread is awesome for those who struggle to get in all of their protein for the day and is VERY filling thanks to the coconut flour.
- 1 1/2 cup liquid egg whites (I prefer organic)
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 2 farm fresh eggs
- OPTIONAL – stevia to taste
- Use if you want sweet bread
- Omit if you want more neutral tasting bread
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Pure PB powder (replace with almond flour to make it Paleo)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a bowl until fully incorporated
- In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until very smooth
- Pour the batter into a greased cake pan
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean in the center of the cake
- Cool and slice into 8 slices
- Store in the fridge (I place the bread in a tupperware along with a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture).
MACROS PER SLICE – 5C/9.5P/2.9F
*Use code “FITQUESTMOM for 10% off Crazy Richards Products. Shop HERE.