Teatulia recently sent me some of their 100% organic tea to try. I was sent samples of their Ginger Herbal Infusion and Lemongrass Herbal Infusion. I know we shouldn’t judge a product by the packaging, but I have to say that Teatulia’s teas are gorgeous. Each tea bag is shaped like a pyramid (made of biodegradable silk) and clearly made from high quality ingredients.
The lemongrass herbal infusion was really refreshing and light. I found that I didn’t even want to add any sweetener to it. I also really liked the ginger tea and found that it was slightly peppery (reminiscent of a mild chai). I did add some stevia to the ginger tea since I really like a sweet ginger flavor. I drink A LOT of hot tea once the weather cools down and am looking forward to adding Teatulia’s teas to my arsenal this Fall.
I really like the fact that Teatulia is a socially conscious business. They don’t just talk the talk when it comes to social responsibility, they also walk the walk:
Teatulia is no ordinary tea garden. Started in 2000 to give back to our community, we sought an enterprise that would give the most people a living wage while protecting/strengthening our environment. Not content with the social programs already in place, our Teatulia Cooperative has established revolutionary education, health and cattle-lending programs for the people working in the garden and surrounding areas. All sales of Teatulia Organic Teas contribute to this mission, helping to better the lives of Bangladeshi men, women & children while rebuilding the local ecosystem.
Now…here’s the exciting news…Teatulia will give away one canister (of the winner’s choosing ) to a Veggie Grettie reader (only open to readers from the US and Canada).
You can earn a separate entry for each of the following:
- Like Teatulia’s Facebook Page and write a fun comment about tea (this is the fun part, whatever you want!) (http://www.facebook.com/Teatulia)
- Like Veggie Grettie’s Facebook Page and write a comment about why you want to win (https://www.facebook.com/VeggieGrettie)
- If you are on Twitter, please follow both http://www.twitter.com/teatulia and http://twitter.com/veggiegrettie
- Subscribe to Veggie Grettie’s e-mail posts (click here and enter your e-mail address in the e-mail subscription box on the upper right hand corner under the masthead picture).
- LAST STEP…come back to THIS POST and leave me a comment for EACH of the above completed tasks.
I will announce the winner NEXT Friday 9/23. Good Luck!!!
***I also encourage you to sign-up for Teatulia’s newsletter (on the bottom right of their homepage)…they will reward you by giving you a 20% discount!