My friend, Andy (check out her clothing website HERE), is on the Board of the charity Hope for SMA. They held a sold-out fundraising dinner in May at Franciscan Gardens where they also held a silent auction.
I was able to put together a Vegan Gift Basket to donate to the auction and was bowled-over by the generosity of the companies I contacted to donate. The response was overwhelming and humbling…I feel honored to work with so many wonderful vegan friendly companies!
Here is what was donated to the basket:
- 10 Teatulia Organic Tea Canisters ($10.99 each) – $109.90
- 6 MEALS to Veggie Grill – OVER $60.00
- Musewear Flip Flops & Voucher for ANOTHER free pair!!! – $60.00
- So Delicious coupons, 2 FREE Vouchers, & 3 singles – $30.00
- Plant Fusion Vegan Protein Powder Canister & 3 Singles – $28.00
- $25.00 Voucher to VeganCuts (online discount vegan product retailer) – $25.00
- Nava Atlas’s VEGAN HOLIDAY KITCHEN cookbook – $24.95
- SIGNED COPY Garlic Onion Beet Spinach Mango Carrot Grapefruit Juice (Vegan Children’s Book) – $20.00
- Healthy Made Delicious DVD – $24.97
- Chef AJ’s UNPROCESSED – $19.95
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition by Julieanna Hever – $19. 95
- EnviroKidz Koala Crisp & Panda Puffs (donated by me) – $11.98
- 2 Theo Chocolate Bars (donated by me) – $8.00
- The China Project (donated by me) – $8.00
- The Shopping List Bag (donated by me) – $5.00
TOTAL – $450.70
When you go to the store, please consider supporting these wonderful companies…
I have been needing new flip flops for a while. The sad part is that I didn’t even realize how badly I have been needing new flip flops…that’s where my sister came in. Over the holidays she mentioned to me how sad and tired my favorite flips flops were. When I stopped to think about it, I realized that I bought them when my son was 5. Um, he is in 5th grade now (yikes). To top it off, I live in California and we tend to wear flip flops year round rain or shine, so you know those babies had been through the ringer. They have been dearly loved.
So, I started wearing some of my old (but not as old) Havianas and then while out and about they snapped and I had to walk around with broken flip flops for the rest of the day, which is WAY easier said than done.
As if by divine intervention I was contacted by Musewear …they asked me to give their flip flops a whirl. Isn’t it funny how the universe works??? Their flip flops are cushy comfortable and I smile every time I put them on because each pair has an inspirational message printed directly on the footbed, so every time you slip them on you read a flash of positivity. Musewear also has a line of flip flops called SunSignSoles that focuses on the Zodiac. I have been wearing my Scorpio flip flops almost daily to and from pilates.
The eco side of me (which is a HUGE part of who I am) appreciates the fact that the flip flops are 100% recyclable and made from 100% Brazilian rubber. Musewear is also very committed to giving back. In their own words,
“Musewear was created to spread inspiration, positivity and plain ol’ fun with our flip flops AND our philosophy of giving something back to the world in which we thrive. We’ve built in the ability for you to make a difference when you shop with us. We think of it as “the Big Bang for Your Buck theory.” We’ve pledged to donate 15% of our profits to the organizations below [The Nature Conservancy, Best Friend’s Animal Society, andAmnesty International], because we admire their commitment to make our world a safer, cleaner and more vibrant place …”
GIVEAWAY GIVEAWAY GIVEAWAY
Musewear has VERY generously offered to allow me to host a giveaway of their product where they will send FIVE readers ONE pair of flips flops (each winner gets to choose their design) Yay…5 winners!!!!
- Become an e-mail subscriber of Veggie Grettie by entering your e-mail address in the e-mail subscriber box at the top right of the page under the header image of corn chowder (If you are already a subscriber, let me know in the comments)
- “Like” Veggie Grettie on Facebook (click HERE)
- Follow Veggie Grettie on Twitter (click HERE)
- Follow Musewear on Facebook (click HERE)
- Follow Musewear on Twitter (click HERE)
- Tell me your favorite inspirational quote.
You will receive ONE ENTRY for EACH task completed. You MUST leave a SEPARATE COMMENT BELOW FOR EACH of the tasks you complete.
The contest will run through 5/02/12 midnight PST. The winner will be chosen randomly and must be a resident of the United States (includes Alaska & Hawaii).
Click HERE to read more about how Musewear got their start.
Click HERE to browse their products.
Images provided by Musewear.