Today was day one of the fruit and veggie cleanse my husband and I are doing together (click HERE for details). Here is my journal entry for the day…
Today can be summed-up in one word…PREP! Today I am getting everything prepped and ready for the week so all I have to do is go into the fridge and grab what I need (I also want to make this as easy as possible for my husband).
- 7:00 am – 2/3 cup heirloom strawberries (I would have eaten more, but was busy getting the kids fed and ready for school)
- 9:00 am – 1/2 cup grapes and a banana
- 9:30-10:30 am – pilates (tough class…awesome!)
- 11:00 am – 24 ounce carrot/apple juice (mostly carrot with a little apple)
- 11:30 am – went shopping to stock-up for the week
- 12:40 pm – While cooking-up a storm* I am eating a salad made with a bed of butter lettuce, 1/2 a cucumber, and a HUGE handful of seaweed salad from Costco (how awesome is it that my Costco carries this now!). Dressed it up with some lite rice wine vinegar and extra crushed red chili.
*I have a GINORMOUS pot of veggie soup going on the stove**, I am steaming sweet potatoes (click HERE to see how I prepare them…scroll down under the ingredient list and you will see a note about how I cook them), and I have broccoli and cauliflower roasting in the oven (click HERE to see how I roast them) while at the same time prepping corn to be lightly steamed and then roasted. Note – the veggies should be prepared without oil and then roasted).
**Made the soup with 2 cups each (carrot, celery, onion), a 24 oz. jar of tomato basil pasta sauce (fill it up again with water and add that to the soup as well), 32 ounces low-sodium veggie broth, 8 oz. bag Harvest Sensations kale, 10 oz. sliced crimini mushrooms, and dried basil (I went to the garden to get fresh and it is all gone). I did not add any salt because I don’t plan on using any and it really doesn’t need it.
- 1:30 pm – 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2:oo pm – 1 cup grapes
- 3:00 pm – snacked on some roasted cauliflower and broccoli while putting it away
- 3:30 pm – snacked on some watermelon while prepping it for snacks
- 4:40 pm – Asian Pear Crisps (by Brothers All Natural)
- 6:00 pm – bowl of vegetable soup, ear of corn, roasted broccoli and cauliflower
- 8:45 pm – bowl of blueberries, raspberries, and a sliced banana
So how do I feel? AWESOME! Today was one of those non-stop days and I really do feel great (even after only sleeping 5 hours last night). I know it sounds cliché, but I feel very clean inside right now and not hungry at all…I definitely did not go hungry today.
I ran into my friend Jeff (The Plant Eater) at the Doug Lisle event on Sunday and after mentioning the cleanse to him, he decided to do it along with us. Click HERE to read about Jeff’s first day of the cleanse.